It has been a while since the Valkyrie Knights had a picnic so I decided it would be nice to just blog about our shenanigans when we were at the Marina Barrage just recently!
Just a quick rundown on what happened before that – Mintea, Raven, Sarah, the Tiger, and I were at both Kinokuniya and GnB Comics to get comics for Free Comic Book Day. Despite the heat and humidity, the lines were long. It was, however, great to participate in this annual event, and we did get away with a few comics we wanted.
Note: It was also nice to get a glimpse at the LINE Pop-Up store near Wisma Atria! (They’re going to be there until 22nd May and popular characters and items are selling out, so head down fast!)
So after a quick lunch, some last minute picnic shopping, and a game of Human Tetris in the back of Lyn’s van, we were rolling (quite literally, to a certain extent) down the road to the Marina Barrage.
The Barrage was crowded. A popular spot for kite flyers and picnickers, the slightly cool air from the evening and ocean breeze made it more ideal for some time outdoors in Singapore. We settled into an area near the walkway, and conveniently near a trash bin.
And before we got into the groove of the picnic, we settled on a few rules:
- Protect the food at all costs, especially from birds, surprise rain, and falling kites.
- When blowing bubbles, keep the bubbles away from the food. And Raven. If you want to live.
- Screaming and laughing in fear of kite lines and falling kites are legit ways to repel them.
That’s a wrap for us! Many thanks to…
- Lyn – for driving us around, the bubblies, the huge cooler, and making absolutely delicious pasta and chicken salads!
- J – for KFC and dressing up as an awesome pun (Bananananananana Batman!!!)
- Raven – for your awesome couscous
- Mintea – for the cooler, cutlery, and opening the bubbly with Sarah
- Sarah – for the idea, the ukuleles, and your Swiss Army Knife that has NO corkscrew whatsoever
- The Tiger – for BUBBLES!!!! (And AdCrew-Funding our picnic groceries)
We concluded our day at Windowsill Pies, since most of the Valkyrie Knights were already around and it was not too late since we left the Barrage. But all in all, it was good fun.
Hopefully, we get to do this (or something similar) again in the near future.