I got nominated for the Liebster Award by Joyce, thank you so much!
For a little bit of background, the Liebster Award was set up to give alternative blogs more exposure or viewers, and nominees are supposed to share 11 things about themselves while answering and giving 11 questions for the next few nominees.
So here goes!
11 Pieces of Trivia
- I’m from Singapore, an island nation in the heart of South East Asia.
- I play Pinball, both digital and analog.
- I’ve started to pick up embroidery and calligraphy, which are both therapeutic and stressful at the same time.
- I relish in and despise being a paradox in people’s eyes.
- I converted to Catholicism three years ago.
- I place a lot of value in integrity, especially creative and relationship integrity.
- I write to live the lives I know I will probably never live.
- That being said, I love writing mystery, dystopian, and philosophical (attempted) fiction.
- To me, the mid-autumn festival is one of the most underrated, over-commercialized festivals I know of.
- I’m Teochew Chinese and I can speak neither fluent Teochew nor Mandarin (LOL!). My first language, since birth, is English. We never really spoke Mandarin at home.
- I have an amazing significant other, awesome friends, and a dynamic family.
Joyce’s 11 Questions
1. What is the one thing you regret most in life?
Probably taking the road of least resistance when it came to my university studies. I was pumped up to apply for a double major in Criminology and Museum Studies with the University of Melbourne but caved in because my grandparents said I was ungrateful for wanting to read my university studies overseas.
2. What is your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?
I’m an INFJ =).
3. Name something about yourself that you dislike.
Impatience. It’s probably the root of all my problems.
4. Name something about yourself that you are proud of.
That I have a destination in my life and I’m trying my darndest to get myself on the track there.
5. What is your favourite book?
For the moment:
Fiction – The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)
Non-Fiction – Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking (Susan Cain)
6. What quirk or habit do you have that most people aren’t aware of?
Being stuck in a rut, especially a creative one, drives me insanely frustrated.
7. Name your favourite character and explain why.
I have loads! Hahaha. At the moment, it’ll probably be Margo Roth Spigelmann from John Green’s “Paper Towns”, because she was probably the teenager who was dying to come out of me but ended up being suppressed up til now.
8. Name something that most people dislike but you secretly think is awesome.
The smell of burning incense money.
9. What is the last lie you’ve told?
I don’t remember exactly.
10. What do you wish people knew about you?
I love meaningful conversations and deep relationships. When it comes to relationships, I’m in it for the long-haul, so no cop-outs or breaking bridges for any ol’ reason.
11. If you could be someone else, who would it be and why?
Somehow, the idea of being someone else isn’t something I thought that much about. Hee.
My 11 Questions
- What are you doing?
- What do you want to be doing?
- How long do you want to be doing it?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who and why?
- What’s a perfect day like for you?
- There’s a fire in your house but everyone’s safe, what are the three things you rescue?
- Sleep through an interesting lecture or Suffer from insomnia in a boring activity?
- What is the best book you’ve read so far?
- If you could make anything, where reality wasn’t a factor, what would you make?
- Favourite pizza topping?
- That’s the last slice of pizza, MINE!!!
And I tag…
Avarielle (Astronomy Extraordinaire), Guan Liang (Philosophical Wordsmith), Jerrick (Tech Foodie), Juan Mann (The Free Hugs Guy), Judith Huang (Literary Maven), JY Yang (Guardian of the Parallel), Max (The Comic Tiger), Mintea (Life’s Scientist), Nicole (YouTubing Nerdfighter), Sarah (Seriously?!), and Raven (Travelling Post Coder).
Once again, thanks Joyce for the nomination =) am grateful and humbled.
P/S – No tag backs. HAHAHA. 😉