2009 has been a great year, I kid you not. With so many things happening, whether good or bad, whether intentional or accidental, it all amounted up to a great year. Hence, I’ve decided to take a few moments to sum up whatever happened month by month. Here goes:
- I stopped working at Bowen Secondary School’s Library. Had good times there, made a good amount of friends, gained a whole lot of experience, definitely a fruitful six months.
- Attended the first ever Happy Smiley Writer’s Group meeting at Geek Terminal.
- Decided developing a new novel series with a darker back story: Lady Una.
- Did a Literary Tour of Singapore with Rozen.
- Got the opportunity to head to the Industry Briefing Session for the Singapore Writers’ Festival 2009.
- Met the friendly people from Jacaranda and having one of their people, Priya, come down during out Happy Smiley Writers Group meeting. Nice.
- March did not have much going on, except for the fact that Lady Una’s characters were undergoing serious grilling and the Script Frenzy planning was coming along quite urgently.
- Wrote 110 pages for Script Frenzy, winning together with Raven Silvers. *grins*
- Officially started university education at the Murdoch International Study Centre, Singapore.
- The idea of Bubble G.U.M. floats around in the heads of the Happy Smiley people.
- Met Wena Poon. She rocks.
- Met the friendly people of 24seven for the first time.
- Writes “Code: Voyance” the short story for Sci-Fi Anthology “Happiness at the End of the World”.
- Writing of Bubble G.U.M. started.
- School started being crazy.
- I joined the Golden Point Awards 2009.
- Attended the Writer’s Flash Mob @ Polymath & Crust for a good load of fun =).
- Prologue of Bubble G.U.M. was uploaded for download (HEH).
- Happy Smiley Writers Group went into a publicity plan: Facebook, Twitter etc…
- Screamed at people after exams. (HAHAHA)
- Trimester break started, hence editing and proofing and stuff. Getting ready for the Singapore Writers’ Festival.
- Joelyn’s Poetry Extracts had an unofficial start.
- Headed for the Dead Sea Scrolls in Singapore 2009 Exhibition (And got good feedback. Thanks Dr. Lampe!)
- Happiness at the End of the World got its cover!
- I turned 21 and it was awesome. HAH.
- The month of the Singapore Writers’ Festival 2009 (!!!)
- The launch of UNDERCOVERS: The Singapore Writers’ Festival 2009
- The launch of Happiness at the End of the World and National Novel Writing Month 2009.
- Met Neil Gaiman. (I did not scream in enthusiasm. Someone else did)
- Completed “Domina Una”, NaNovel for 2009 with 52,699 words.
- Went through the Big Baba Blogout organised by the Peranakan Association in Singapore.
- Went for Books Actually’s 4th Anniversary.
- Met Faizal Isa and the Awesome Foursome (Duane Ho, Farhan Shah, Tabitha Nauser), they’re cool people.
- Went on an adventure to the Singapore Discovery Centre, courtesy of 24Seven (!!!)
- Went for the most hilarious movie of the year. (*ahem*)
- The Thank Goodness It’s Over (TGIO) Party for NaNoWriMo 2009 rocked socks as well.
- Finished school for the year.
- Went for the best movie (in my opinion) of the year: Avatar 3D.
- Attended the 24Seven Blogger’s Hat-py Party. Fun times =).
So that’s 2009 for me. Good, neutral, bad, weird. Almost everything. 2010 will be a good year =).